View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Monte Carlo LV -- An endless list of annoyances

I also have been playing the MC lately, you missed some of the bizarro rules.

My favorite is there rule about racks on the table. The rule is that you can't have a rack on the table, unless the rack is holding chips won from the jackpot (those chips do play). Apparently jackpot chips are somehow magical.

They also play with the rule in NL that a raise of 1/2 the minimum bet reopens the betting, okay I can live iwth that, but then I heard a dealer mention "completing a bet" and my head started hurting.

They drop a rake even if there is no flop. I know the californians here are used to that, but I'm not.

When they start a tournament the TD makes an announcement that a hand exposed while the action is still live is a "dead hand".

And they drive me nuts with there announcement that they are taking registration for there 11AM sit-n-go. They have a couple of these scheduled "Sit-n-gos". Excuse me but sit-n-go means its not scheduled, you go when you have enough players "sitting".

Some but not all dealers won't allow you to keep an ipod on the table.

And i saw a dealer do the thing that drives me most nuts and thats celebrate with a player. Player hits quads for a jackpot taking a large chunk of another players stack. The dealer reaches across the table and shakes the players hand and then claps for the player. So now this player who just lost a chunk of money has to watch this display from the dealer over a $20 jackpot.

Also a bizarro must move rule. They started up another game shirthanded and told us it was a must move game. After we are playing for a while a new player is seated in our game. Just after he is seated they move him to the main game. Me and another player both say something to the floor guy since we expected that one of us would get moved. Apparently the new player asked to sit at the other table so he gets moved first? We didn't bother to ask because we were told it was a must move table.

The TV screen thing was really annoying as I was playing during the Football Conference championship games. The TV in front of me was set on half screen to show the Game on one half and the Jackpot rules on the other half. SOmeone asked the floor to put the game on full screen and we were told that he has to have the Jackpot up on at least one TV and all the other TVs were being watched. But I mostly play on grave, and in the middle of the night they have all the TVs on fullscreen so that I can watch my favorite infomercials on all of them.

And I walked out one night last week when the other 4 players in my game wouldn't agree to give up the jackpot to get a rake reduction (that same night I also walked out of Ballys for the same reason). I have deicded that if this happens again I will make the following offer to the players . . . If the players agree to accept the rake reduction whenever they win a pot they can pay me the difference in the rake (so in a forty dollar pot this would be $4) and if they hit a high hand I will pay them the jackpot out of my pocket. I think I come out ahead in the long run. BTW I don't agrue with anyone about this when it happens just rack up and leave. If 4 players would rather pay $5 a hand to play 4 handed I don't blame the room for taking their money. Its a good policy, it makes the house more money and drives the nits like myself out.

I disagree about the parking, I have never had a problem getting a spot and the lot is right by the poker room.