View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 09:41 AM

Default Re: THE SIMPSONS - Game Thread

Okay, I'll just get these thoughts out and be done with it, and maybe Sideshow Bob won't try to kill me again.

xorbie protected me day 1, and there was no serial-kill that night. On day 1 I was pretty much the only person talking about how Sideshow Bob was the serial killer and a major threat. So it makes sense he would target me.

He's non-mafia, and the cops apparently see a lot of people as "Springfieldian" without names, so he'll be very hard to spot. Still, I doubt his winning condition is to be the last man standing, like some sort of mythical firebird.

This is all based on the show, not on game stuff, but in the show, Bob is obsessed with killing Bart Simpson. I can probably post a dozen quotes about it if anyone wants. Secondary would be killing Krusty the Clown, if that role is even in the game. Third would probably be all other Simpsons, starting with Lisa (Bart and Lisa are the ones who always foil his schemes). Oh wait, Lisa was murdered last night.

So his likely winning conditions are probably either to murder Bart, to murder Bart and Krusty, or to be alive when the last Simpson dies, since things seem to be following aspects of the show pretty well.

He's a higher priority than the mafia, because lynching just him removes a kill every night (and we only have one doctor, while killing a mafia member has little effect except on voting.

If I were Bob, I'd be a moderately quiet "villager", avoiding controversial votes, spending a lot of time AFK each day, but still posting.

Now that I've posted it and I'm not a future threat, maybe he'll leave me alone and go look for Bart. Shoo!