View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: how do i beat passive pre-flop super aggressive postflop players

No, my stats don't look like that very often, but there are times when this style of play is VERY effective. I like it most when I am at a table of Tight players, or players who don't play the flop/turn very well. When I'm up against a TAG player, if I'm playing back on the flop, it's only because my hand holding is ahead of a typical TAG range.

If everyone played against this style correctly, it would be a sure loser. However people don't. They think a super LAG preflop player is the same post-flop. They don't sniff out the sneaky hand that has just made it big. The superloose style of play and table image brings the possibility of stacking opponents that makes the 1BB bleed hands worthwhile.

I hesiatated to write this, but the best way to counter this style (or frustrate me when I'm playing this style) is to play an aggressive pre-flop game. I do not play top top 20-40% hands against a r or rr. The key is to limp the suited connectors, pockets, ace suiteds, two faces,etc., and either outplay or outflop the opponent - if missed, it's a one BB loss, if hit- well- I count on you to discredit my game and believe I'm beat.

Against this style: R or RR a slightly wider range preflop. The maniac limping 40-50% of holdings means many dominated hands are in play. Make it impossible to get in and out cheap for 1BB.

On the flop: Don't discount the possibility of the open ended draw or made two pair against your AQ on the Q 7 5 flop. Play as cautiously against a raise as you would against a TAG player, but keeping in mind the range of hands you must consider being against is FAR wider than usual.