View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Big enough edge to take?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I only mention the hand ranges because sometimes people come up with really silly hand ranges for their opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're suggesting that the situation I described never actually comes up, you don't have to be so polite, I know I'd be a fool to suggest it's ever so clear. However, I feel it will be of great benefit to me to understand the math.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not uncommon for someone to post a hand where they put a random opponent at the $11's on a calling range of any two cards (or KK+) from the BB against their SB push. The absolute best SNG players are the best because they are the best at estimating opponents' push/call ranges, not because they're somehow better at the ICM-based math. That's always the first thing you should run by other people when trying to analyze a hand like this.

[ QUOTE ]
If I simply adjust my stack size to 53.3% of the pot and adjust other stacks, will that reflect an accurate change in EV using the ICM Calculator, or do I need to do each potential outcome ("he wins __, he loses __, he splits __") to come up with my answer? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to use each potential outcome. Basically, ICM results are highly non-linear to changes in the stacks.