View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my whole point is that he tried to stop them because he wanted to, not because he had to or needed to. Knowing he was entering into a situation that he acknowledged would likely merit self defense, and taking it upon himself to do so, doesn't seem reasonable or seem like a valid defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is really important. There's a very strong argument that he created the situation himself. Now, you can also argue that that's complete BS - two thieves with criminal backgrounds created the situation.

But I actually agree with you, that essentially he put himself in a situation that very likely could lead to a need for violence. (Or even an unnecessary, kneejerk, nervous violent reaction)

I don't know how this will play out of course. I guess it just doesn't seem so clear to me. No, money and posessions are not worth someone's life. But I also understand the feeling that you should do something, to not feel helpless, to not want to sit there and wait while the police are still on the way.

Ugly situation.