View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

ElSapo-

I guess my biggest issue here is that he seemed very aware of what he was walking into and what the likely outcome would be. My opinion would probably be different if he had made some type of gut reaction to grab his gun and attempt to stop a robery in progress, but he didn't. His first thought was to call the police. Then, after being told to stay inside and being told the police were coming, he decided to take matters into his own hands. We can't know if he had already made up his mind about shooting the men as he left his house. I feel like we do know 2 things though:

1) His safety wasn't really his top priority, or he wouldn't have gone outside.
2) He can't fully claim that he was the only one in a position to stop the act, given that he was told the police were almost there.

I guess my whole point is that he tried to stop them because he wanted to, not because he had to or needed to. Knowing he was entering into a situation that he acknowledged would likely merit self defense, and taking it upon himself to do so, doesn't seem reasonable or seem like a valid defense.