View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Finishing People Off HU SNG

I am having difficulty recently finishing people off in a match. Three times today I had a player down to 500 chips or less and he fought back.

When a player has 500 chips left and blinds are 15-30. What is my move from the small blind with Js8d. Flat call trying to hide my monsters and avoid pushes from him, min raise constantly to keep him guessing, or do what was working and raise to 90. (I know option 3 is probably wrong but wanted to include it for the sake of discussion)

And also, lets say the flop comes QJ2 and he pushes with 120 chips in pot....how many people call?

Basically, should I be looking to play small pots and keep chipping away or am I looking for a knockout punch? I realise that all players are different, but at what point to people usually stop playing their normal game and start trying to defend from preflop shoves from villain.

Sorry this post is all over the place, quite tired but looking forward to responses.

PS I finished my heads up challenge and yes, 80 wins of 100 was too high. I ended up hitting 63 wins and 27 losses. Not great but not bad.