View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: tunica poker tourneys

[ QUOTE ]
landlord - how awesome is the structure and how many players?

<font color="blue"> when we played in it there were 128 people. this tourney is only for one more week. i think july 28th is the last day </font>

100+30 isn't exactly a bargain on the juice. Although it's better than their even less-awesome 35+15's.
<font color="blue"> the tourney he is talking about they add $3K to the prizepool. They are simply adding more entry fee to compensate for the $3K added </font>
But there are 100+25's and 200+30's to be had elsewhere in Tunica. <font color="blue"> sure there are </font>
100+30 isn't exactly as bad as it gets juice-wise but it certainly is enough to turn me off.
<font color="blue">the lack of compentent players and the $3K added makes up for the extra $10 in entry fees </font>
The Horseshoe Mon/Tue/Thu night rebuys are 65/40/40.
I think the initial buy-in might be 50+15. But even if it's 40+25 it's not so bad since you can pretty much count on a couple rebuys and an addon each tourney.
So that essentially makes them either a 170+15 or 160+25 on average.
<font color="blue">havent played these before. </font>
I don't know about the structure at ST but I always found the structure of the tourneys at HS to be pretty good for the money.
<font color="blue">I would much rather play the players at SamsTown rather than the players at the 'Shoe DUCY? </font>
Also, I really like the Wednesday night bounty freezeout tourney at HS.
90+15+25.
The last $25 goes into the 'bounty-pool'.
You get $25 cash for each player you knock-out (and I think there's one player chosen at random who has a bigger bounty attached to them).
<font color="blue"> never played it before </font>
On the MSGaming site I see that the Grand is running a Thursday 1pm bounty tourney for 80+20+15.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> </font>
<font color="red">I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A SHOE MAN WHEN I WENT TO TUNICA FOR POKER ACTION, BUT FROM MY LAST VISIT I WILL CONTINUE TO GO TO SAMSTOWN FOR MY POKER ACTION. </font>