View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 04:20 PM

Default What would a good player do?

I'm an inexperienced PLO player learning the ropes (usually) buying in short to the 0.5/1.00 game on Stars.

I started with $25 and have been building slowly to $50 so far, playing very tight on a 9 seater table when the following hand comes up:-

------------

Pre Flop

I'm in early position (seat 3) with [Qh 2h Ks Kd], two limpers and I limp as well - maybe a small raise would have been better? If the 2h was instead a T or J I'd certainly raise here.

Three callers to the big blind who raises to $4.30 to play. The BB has $36 behind, and this is the first hand I have seen him raise. First two limpers - one short stacked ($40) the other with $100 - call the raise and it's to me.

Does anyone like a raise here?

I considered raising the maximum since I could get a good portion of my stack in, however I feared the BB had aces and if that was the case wanted to avoid isolating as a big dog with not much dead money.

Two more calls and we head to the flop.

------------

Flop

[6h Ts Jd]

BB checks, seat 1 checks, seat 2 bets pot - $25.50.

Seat 2. has a full buy-in and seems to play very aggressively on any flop he likes, but this bet seems pretty odd. What could he have?

I've seen him bet pot on the flop then the max on every street with a full house and trips, and have not seen him bluffing so far. However if he is as strong as this, why not let somebody else have a stab at the pot first?

I doubt he has JJxx, the only hands that sort of make sense would be TTxx or 66xx, or perhaps more likely JTxx. Is a fold in order or would you gamble here and raise all-in?