Thread: KJs in the BB
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: KJs in the BB

How am I supposed to do it? I do have a calculator. Your range thinger costs money. If there's a better way I'd like to know about it. Perhaps is I were properly massaged I could be talked into paying for it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I suppose I could give the actual raw numbers but I was treating it as self explanatory.

I'm putting villain on a range of 32 combos. This is a little esoteric, imo, and the flop threebarrel, I feel, really defines his hand. Villain has three or fewer outs 68.75% of the time in my range. 18.75% of the time villain has 8 outs or better. So villain is only ahead here the 12.5% of the time.

So our edge is big. Ideally, I would want to c/r, but the third heart makes it more likely that villain will check through. I like to lead for many reasons:

-A lot of his range must call a bet and take a look at the river and would likely check behind against two opponents.

-Even if a dangerous river card comes out and our hand is still good it's going to kill our action so we have to get money in the pot NOW.

-I might be wrong about this, but if we bet and villain calls the SB is more likely to peel light because he's closing the action for one bet. very +EV, imo.