Thread: KJs in the BB
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: KJs in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
been too long. where have you been? since your knee surgery you've close to disappeared. hope things are well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things are fine. I've been grinding, and I just haven't had a lot of interesting hands. Or the interesting ones, have been more of the WTF!? variety.

The thing about this hand, is that we have a pretty strong hand, and you need to find a way to balance, getting value for it, and at the same, time, you don't want to be giving any free cards, because there are a lot of scary cards out there.

I don't know the exact right way to say this, but at this point, you probably have the maximum value your hand is ever going to have. There are so many scary cards on the river that you aren't going to improve you, but that might improve someone else. Any heart, A, Q, T, and 9, all potentially make someone else a better hand, so I think that you need to get the most money in on the turn that you can.

I chose to bet out, and most posters that have responded so far, seem to think that that was the best play. As it turned out, both opponents folded, and although that was a little dissapointing, if one of them folded a baby heart, I probably was a lot better off not seeing the river.