View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to Bricks and Mortar

Things that have allowed me to crush live NL (assuming you're playing NL)

1. Play positionally LAG preflop

2. C-bet almost all flops

3. Don't slowplay

4. Overbet nuts/near-nuts on the river

Basically raise preflop frequently in position (playing pretty tight in EP) with hands like 98o and 57s, whether there are limpers or not. Do not adjust your raises to the strength of your hands, just to the # of limpers/size of the pot. I think the positional advantage live is huge - much bigger than online - as live players tend to play vv bad OOP.

Once you start doing this and c-betting frequently, other live players start to think you're a crazy person. Add to this image by showing down some of these marginal hands (or showing your bluffs, which you should make). This is an excellent image to have live.

Once you feel you have established this, you can tighten up a little (but not too much). Here is where it pays off. If you flop a set/straight/flush bet it and BET IT HARD. Furthermore, if you get to the river shove for up to like 2.5x pot if you have a big hand. Since the others think you're crazy, they will pay you off super light.

Note that I do not recommend this style if you're planning on being a regular there. While in the short term, they'll thing you're a lucky spewmonkey lagtard, eventually they'll either lose all their money or catch on that this is the correct way to play, which will kill your profits in the long run. It's also not for the faint of heart, since it can put you in some uncomfortable spots.

Anyway, gl to you.