View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Default generalized stupidity sends al_capone_junior on a rant

Dealer must be able to speak and understand english well enough to effectively run a game where "english only" is the friggin' rule. I'm not trying to be mean or discriminate against anyone, but the bottom line is that english is a requirement, not just preferable. If you're new to the usa: learn friggin' english or go home. Seems even the non-english speaking world (who also no nothing about poker) are ready to jump on the bandwagon. This means sit around and wait for tips even tho you can't do your friggin' job, but that's fine because management is a bunch of ignorant fools too so they don't know the dfference anyway and don't care either.

Management who hires dealers who cannot speak and understand english effectively are doing their room, their customers, and poker in general a huge disservice. I will go further with today's idiot poker management and say they are truly stupid and should be fired if they can't find decent staff (who can speak english) and train/motivate them to do a good job.

Now for the players. Schmuck #1 doesn't give a crap that his action was soft, vague, and anything but clear, he'll just do anything he can to not have to face a bet he doesn't want to call. There are soooooo many ignorant morons playing today, and so many ignorant idiots dealing to them and running the rooms they play in, that this kind of crap is seen as normal and ok. It's not.

Player #2 is equally to blame and receives an equal amount of sympathy from me - none. He gets what he deserves here if they don't let him bet.

So basically, the whole situation, as posted on this forum daily in multiplicity, is just a symptom of the universal ignorance, stupidity, and lack of pride or professionalism that plagues poker today, largely due to the biggest morons of all, television poker producers.

The only real justice would be to somehow force the one idiot to call but still disallow the other to bet, and force the dealer to dump their entire day's tips into the trashcan.

Everybody gets kicked in the nuts. Get with the friggin' program already or get the **** out of live cardrooms.

Al