View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes (Mod edit: AP thread, part 2)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to add my own two cents. A while back, I played Mark Seif HU for maybe a week straight and won around 100k off him. Mark eventually dissapeared and stopped playing 150/300. He ended up coming back a few months later and absolutely crushing the games. As Baronzeus, Cogster, and a couple other people can recall, he was absolutely crushing the games. Every single time we played a pot together, he totally owned me. I think one time he checkraised me 6 or 7 times in a row on the turn when I was bluffing, but never when I was ahead. Eventually, I ended up losing around 120k or so in those games that went around Mark for two weeks straight, and just feeling very uncomfortable with the site in general, I cashed out the rest of my money and quit. I've never quit a site because I felt uncomfortable at it, but something about Absolute and Mark's play really felt wrong. After I quit, I remember other people mentioning to me on AIM that Mark was bragging that he "busted me from the site".

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff Notes

You pwn Mark for $100k, he quits for a bit.
He comes back, and you lose $120k in those games.
He c/r you 6 or 7 times in a row while bluffing.
You leave AP because you feel uncomfortable.

What is this supposed to show?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? There is a bunch of very justified speculation about cheating on AP, especially from Mark Seif, and Tongni chimes in with a story that only adds to the suspicion. It obviously doesn't prove anything on it's own, especially taken out of context, but given everything else in this thread it's pretty obvious something isn't right.