Thread: lagging it up
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: lagging it up

[ QUOTE ]
Is the preflop here standard for you guys?

I think I'm too loose and I don't 3 bet here unless the raiser has been caught getting his money in light. Once he caps well you're playing hit to win for me.
I give myself 3 outs here discounting the fact that we can hit and lose or are drawing to runner runner or dead. 3 outs not enough at 10.5-1.
Fold and don't do the PF again.
Surely if you want to put pressure on light here a small pp or hands like 89s are better 3 bet hands but again I don't do it.
My minimum hand for 3 betting here is 66.

[/ QUOTE ]

PF is marginal but certainly not bad if the HJ opener is a LAG or LAGTAG (which most TAGs are really LAGTAG at the stakes that Schneids was playing in that video). If I was playing lower stakes where rake is a big factor (2/4 or lower or even 3/6 on AP) I don't think you need to be making these plays even if the villain is somewhat loose. However at mid-high stakes the rake is less of a factor and KTo probably does pretty well against an aggressive players opening HJ range when you have position and dead money in the pot.

I don't think it is by any means standard, but I certainly don't think it is bad.

I think the flop is close, and really it probably depends on Schneid's assessment of this guys capping range. If it is wide enough that he could give himself 4-5 outs (combo of pairs and backdoor straight) then I think it is a peel especially with implied odds. But if his OOP capping range is fairly tight then you probably should muck it on the flop. If I was uncertain I would probably peel because of implied odds, and also because I don't want to give the image that I give up easy and start having people taking shots at me.