View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Getting into Biking

Neko,

Nothing wrong with riding a hybrid for a while, with or without drop bars on them. Some things to consider:
Two bikes isn't too many. If you end up with a road bike there is something to be said for having a "beater" bike around for trips you don't want to put your clipless shoes on for or taking someplace where you don't mind locking it up outside some place, something you will never do when you get a spendy road bike.
If you end up with a windtrainer to ride inside having a bike you can leave on it full time will be real convenient.
Be careful when you switch the handlebars that the bike still fits right, the geometry on hybrid/comfort bikes is designed to be more upright so if you don't get a new stem set up right you may be a bit scrunched, which will be uncomfortable.

When I started cycling I had a comfort bike and was able to keep up with group rides at the lbs with the roadies and sometimes wish I had kept it, especially when I see it dumped on the side of my friend's house instead of in his garage or out on the road.