View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Official NFL Week 11 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hate you NFL for having the most restrictive join-in-progress rules ever. This was a great finish and there is no reason I should have been blacked-out from seeing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why am I under the impression that this is because of the Supreme Court ruling all those years ago? I could very well be misinformed but I think that is what is causing all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all sure what supreme ct ruling you are referring to here.
I really don't know much about it but I guess I just assumed it was the NFL purposefully doing this to protect their product from market to market or something silly like that.

It's always been this way with the NFL as best I can remember. I recall not getting to see many finishes many yrs ago...or even getting cut-off live join-in-progress from the game they were showing the end of because they had already shown as much as they were allowed to of a non-market regional-game...like 3 mins or 5 mins or something like that.

That is what happened here. I was getting to see live coverage of the BAL/CLE game. But then at the end they switched it to the studio guys so I got James Brown telling me that CLE was going to try a FG, etc.