View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Taking a break from Poker - LONG & Low Content

Janelle,

Your life is a mess right now, and so are your emotions. I understand and even agree with much of what has been said about the absolutely necessity of controlling your emotions if you're going to be a successful poker player.

However, I'm not dealing with someone who has cancer, a significant other who is at least someone jealous of poker, and all the other things that you're going through.

So being even more emotional than you usually are is completely understandable, and by all means, do what you need to do to get the rest of your life under control before you get back to serious poker playing.

Other than that, I have two other comments:

1. After you get your personal life somewhat under control, don't forget the IRS. You've won and lost a lot of money in a short time, doing something that you've never done before, and this could make the IRS intensely interested in what you're up to. Get your records together, and get some good tax advice. Don't add the IRS to everything that is coming down on you.

2. Soon I'm going to post a thank you in the beginners forum, adressed to all of those who have helped me along the way. You are at the top of the 2+2 list, you will be mentioned prominently in my post, and I'll be rooting for you when you come back.

Hang in there, and do what you need to do before you come back to the tables.

Clif