View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: First time dealing for a casual tournament

Hmm, interesting. I was trained to do it that way, and I like it. I see validity in all of your points, tho'. Every now and again I'll turn a card too quickly, and I do have to be careful not to miss action. We have mostly regulars, tho', so nobody really gets confused, and there have only been a few times I've ever thought the potential was there. Keep in mind I only deal LHE, though, so for a NL tourney, yeah, bringing them all in makes sense. That's probably what I do in my home games, now that I think about it. And there are times in LHE I'll bring them in early, like if two players are heads-up with overs and betting like nuts. There I'll take the time to show everyone plus cameras that bets are equal and that we care about protecting the players.

I'm curious about how much time it saves, though. In my thinking, a lot, easily a hand or two a down, which adds up to quite a bit over a week. If I think of it, I'll try testing it out next time I work, do some downs with pulling them in before dealing, see if I can discern any sort of pattern in the admittedly poor sample group.

So, er, yeah, nix the part about leaving out bets. I agree for a NL game/tourney, bad idea. But make sure to count them before dumping them in the pot.