View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Re: PokerDome Oct 8 - \"Boston\" Rob Mariano (Survivor)

[ QUOTE ]
A) They need stop telling people to not act like idiots on the show. Yeah, it might look stupid, but a bunch of middle-aged to old men showing little emotion with no table talk is boring. When I was on the show and we were doing a bunch of practice rounds, I started doing a Flair-esque strut and jumping around after I "busted" two people on the river. Back in the green room before we went on, I sternly scolded by two different executive figures NEVER to do that or anything like it in the future, as they emphasized a formal and proper setting. This is fine if this is a real tournament for 6-figures with pros, but this was essentially a coinflipping winner-take-all SNG, let us do what we want.

B) Get rid of the stupid dramatic music and strobe lights. It's distracting, too loud, and takes away from the play.

C) Get a decent play-by-play regular. Tompkins is ok and works well with Konik, Chris Rose is underrated IMO, but whoever the Joel guy is (African-American) needs to be canned, he's awful at overemphasizing every single action.

D) Show less hands in the beginning where someone raises and takes the blinds. I was surprised at my taping that they actually did not show at least 5-6 all-in confrontations early and late.

All I can think of. Oh, don't get on the bad sides of FSN execs either, they read this [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you manage to suffer through all of those winner take all satellites? Just to make it on that show takes alot of wasted time in worthless satellites. I don't know how you had the patience, but well done sir!

Point well taken about your experience with the FSN execs, but seriously who cares what they think? In all their time broadcasting poker they've only managed to do one thing right and that's get Lee Ann Tweeden to appear on Pokerdome. Which by the way any show with Lee Ann Tweeden in it is not a complete waste of time.