View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:12 AM

Default 6.50 - Tricky spot with JJ

For some reason the HH isn't showing stacks. Assume hero and villian are both around 1500. Early and no reads on villian.

Full Tilt Poker Game #4153953475: $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (31541219), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:44:45 ET - 2007/11/12

Dealt to MrDannyOcean [J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

jecogne raises to 90
2 folds
MrDannyOcean raises to 275
5 folds
jecogne calls 185

*** FLOP *** [8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

jecogne checks
MrDannyOcean checks

*** TURN *** [8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
jecogne checks
MrDannyOcean checks

*** RIVER *** [8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
jecogne bets 90
MrDannyOcean calls 90

I'd like thoughts on all streets. Do you normally flat call or 3bet this preflop?

After I 3bet, I was concerned that betting out only gets called by better hands. If his range for calling my 3bet is somewhat tight, like 77+ AJ+, and i fire at the flop, i'm only getting value from TT, and the rest of the hands that beat me call or raise and hands that I beat fold, so i thought about trying to c/c the flop and induce his worse hands to bet out. Is this approach totally awful? because i normally hate checking to slowplay, but this time i didnt think betting had much value.

On the turn, i just let all of his Ace hands get there. hooray.

River bet is strange, but i'm at least calling this. anybody ever raise this random little bet?