View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: how many holes in one did you have this year?

Obviously the lady has issues and no aces.

I've been lucky enough to have five, only one of those was in competition but it makes for a funny story.

My girlfriend at the time had watched me play a lot of golf and she had always said that if she ever saw me make a hole-in-one she would (do) me right then and there. Well, she's spectating during the last round of a tournament when I dunk a 4-iron from 200. We all saw the ball go in, my playing competitors clap and all I did was turn to her and point. She gets this confused look on her face before it finally hits her. She sputters a few unintelligible words while her face turns bright red and then I start shouting at her that she promised! By this time my competitors are most curious and they start asking questions. She remains silent but I shout over to her, "You know you promised you'd (do) me if you ever saw me make an ace!" So now of course everybody is cheering and hollering and my poor girlfriend is now white as a ghost. We even pointed out there was a bathroom right behind the green. She wimped out, needless to say everybody was disappointed.

BO