View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Bonehead move on my part - was there any way out of it??

This is something that happened a long time ago in a live MTT at Showboat. I fully and 100% understand that I got myself into the situation by not paying enough attention, but I am just wondering if there was any way I coulda gotten out of it in case I find myself in a similar situation in the future. So here it is...

Showboat 11AM Tourney. About 2/3 of the field is gone and I am short (~10BB) on the cutoff. Folded to me and I push with rags to steal blinds. Button and SB fold. BB ponders for a moment and finally folds, and I expect the pot. Then the dealer turns to me and says "please turn over your hand sir." I'm thinking WTF?? cause everyone folded. Apparently someone in early position quietly moved all in and I was unaware of it. So anyway, I sheepishly flip over my 52 and see he has AK and I'm out. Such is life, and I know it is my own fault for not knowing the situation.

But, strictly on a rules basis, I am wondering if I had any recourse since I didn't know the other guy had pushed. I'm guessing not, since I said I was raising, but if I tried to limp (said "call") I coulda gotten out of it, correct?

P.S. As long as you actually answer my question as well, feel free to rip me for stupidity, thanks!