View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Mid Limit Holdem Games in the Bay Area

[ QUOTE ]
Soft playing is not good for the game. Period.

>If two people want to check it down when they're heads up and I'm out of the hand, I don't care.

You sure about this? Think this through a bit more. Pots that begin three or four handed and grow large on the flop or turn, get heads up on the river, and are either checked down or open folded do not make the game better. This sort of play doesn't happen every single time, but it happens much more frequently in this game than it does in any other mid-limit game in the Bay Area, and the person getting forced out is invariably not a regular. At a minimum, the play in this game is suspicious. Remember, it isn't just impropriety that you need to police, it's also the appearance of impropriety, as it stifles future action. I work in San Bruno, five minutes from AJs, and I would much rather make the long drive down to SJ than play in this game. That may not be worth much, but it sums up my own opinion of this game.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I get to see cards at the end I've got no problems. But I'd be very upset if the river was open folded or some crap like that. I've played in games where players (Asians) would check it down, but legit cards were always shown so I didn't have a problem with it.

fwiw, I have heard from other sources that AJ's 15/30 is stechy as hell and don't intend on playing it. Thanks for the info. Do you think 6/12 is legit?