View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Re: What about a compact, efficient \"Quick Index\"?

[ QUOTE ]
If there are only a few forums that you visit frequently, you could bookmark those in your web browser and then use your bookmarks list instead of the sidebar for access.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already do that as mentioned elsewhere in this post; that's good for about a dozen forums (the remaining 25 or so spots in the Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar are taken up with non 2+2 sites I often visit). I'd like to have faster access to the remaining 45 or so 2+2 sites in order to be able to be able to do quick skims now and then.

So....I'll probably take my first itsy bitsy tiny step into HTML coding and see if I can write a page of links in MS Word or something simple (hmm, in MS Work I'd have to learn columns). I think I already have a web page on Earthlink I've never visited; if I get something workable that should be able to host it. If that looks OK I'll post the link here. But it won't be until after the Holidays.

BTW, I already have a Link to the Main Index right in front of me on Firefox, the problem for me once again is all the scrolling you need to do to find your links. I hate scrolling.

Small problem I know, but my guess is such a quick link page would encourage people
to occasionally scan other forums. Right now the other forums our out of site, out of mind.

~ Rick

PS This overly long post about such a small thing is me thinking out loud (I type fast), and maybe writing this down will shame me into doing what I wrote and learning a little about HTML and web hosting.

But it would also be OK if someone else did it and post the links in various places on the forum for all 80,000 2+2 members to use.