View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Jay, awesome for you to offer this. I'll take a shot:

[ QUOTE ]
1. How you are currently improving your game

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm currently re-reading TOP, watching Cardrunners videos, reading 2p2 (mostly HSNL and HSMTT) and playing.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Your poker goals.

[/ QUOTE ]
To beat 5/10 within a year and 10/20 within 2. After a recent trip to Vegas, I also feel like I need a lot of work on my live game.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Your current stakes and past earnings

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm currently playing 2/4NL. After 29k hands I'm at 2.7ptbb/100 2- and 3-tabling. But I think my true winrate is higher after I had a eureka moment about 5k hands ago when I realized how much I was giving up playing too many hands OOP. Despite that leak, back when I was playing 1/2NL I ran at 6.1ptbb/100 over 27k hands 1- and 2-tabling. I know these aren't significant sample sizes, but I personally don't put too much stock in results so long as my understanding of the game is improving.

[ QUOTE ]
4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I'd say my best posts are in the MTT forums:
A comment on psyduck's pre-flop play vs. ZeeJustin in a live MTT
A couple of comments on the 1st hand of a Sunday Million
I learn from a bonehead play I made

[ QUOTE ]
5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a 36-yo attorney, studied engineering at Harvard and law at Columbia. I'm a hobbyist poker player who spends more time thinking about the game than playing. The rest of my spare time is spent being the guitarist in a Pink Floyd tribute band in NYC. I'd be very willing to contribute to the site but am not qualified to run it.