View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: QJo Call an All-In?

[ QUOTE ]
Without stack and blind size information the question can't be answered. But QJo is only a small favorite over a random hand. Unless the blinds are huge, you can wait for a better spot than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this. If villain is pushing every hand preflop (which we can be pretty confident of after 10 hands), I think it's a mistake to fold QJo. Sure he could have Ax or Kx, but so often you're going to be a large favorite.

As mentioned earlier, QJo has 58.1% equity against a random hand. That's more than adequate to call here.

There may be dissenting opinions in the form of "I've got a winrate of 60% right now. Why would I want to take a bet as "only" a 58% favorite?" Well, obviously you'll also be calling with better hands than QJo, giving you more equity against this type of player. But an important thing to consider here is the fact that you can take the 58% equity immediately. This match can be over in a few seconds, and he's just handing you money, allowing you to start another match.

If you're concerned about your winrate, maybe you can fold this. If you're concerned about winning money, this is an easy call.