View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

[ QUOTE ]
How are the Pistons not credible without Wallace? Again, Rasheed Wallace got hurt for the second time in the ECF and the offense totally collapsed. Losing Wallace helped them become 6th in offensive efficiency while still being 6th in defensive efficiency and they were easily the best team in the East. Easily.

They're not "stuck" considering that as assembled they're already legit contenders. I'm saying the Celts as assembled are NOT legit contenders. If you're "stuck" as one of the best three or whatever teams in the NBA, or as the favorite to makei t to the NBA Finals out of the east, you like being "stuck" there. But if you still have to get there and don't have the flexibility to do it (sup Celts), then you are stuck.

Suns have had the flexibility to get better, they've just made blunders and now their owner is flopping. The point is they're in the position, though.

Suns lost in WCF w/o Stoudemire in six games and likely would've walked to the tile if they win. If that's not credible, well then I don't know what is. And in Nash's first season they won 62 games and got to the WCF... They've been credible in every season they've had Nash, i.e. a real superstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Celtics Right now are probaby better than the pistons. One thing is sure, the Pistons have no shot at beating the spurs in a seven game series if Duncan is healthy. Have you seen the Cleveland team that beat them last year? They were truly horrible. THey're gonna get 50+ wins in the east but aren't seriois contender. Unless contender means good enough to contend for the final in the East which is not saying much.

Suns were a great team for the past three years, have had a really title shot only last year and if they trade marion are going to struggle to come out of the West. And they're making dubious decisions because of cap problems: If their owner were willing to pay anyone and keeping draft picks, they'll be in mauch better shape. That's my point you have to be over the cap and not afraid to overspent to remain competitive ( but you have to do it smartly).

Anyway, I'm not sure we'really disagreeing. I'm just saying that to be truly competitive you have to be willing to go in salary tax territory. That's actually your only leverage once you reach a certain point.
I just don't believe the flexibility is a problem for the Bulls. If they believe that with their core they are competitive, then they should not be afraid to resign everyone. And if you think the Pistons are competitive, then the Bulls are probably set right now.
If they think they need to make a trade the have to do it now or next year, but they can possibly remain in this situation fotr long. They are in an exceptionnal situation due to their youth. At one point they're gonna have to spend money to remain legit or they 'll decline