View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Thoughts on my diet/work out routine blue print

Hey guys, I’m trying to create a fuller and strict routine to follow in regards to my work outs and diet. I find if I don’t have a plan/schedule in mind about what I need to get done and consume I start to get sloppier.

First of my goals: To lose about 10 pounds, increase endurance, increase cardiovascular fitness. Down the road I’ll look into doing some bulking, but for now I’m carrying some but not a ton of excess fat.

I’ll start with the proposed diet portion:

I’m aiming for about 5 meals a day. Thoughts on my plan so far:

10:30am: Breakfast. I’ve traditionally gone for a healthy cereal but the more I read the more it seems most cereals are to carb and calorie high. Should I just make the switch to oatmeal (which I’ve never particularly cared for but I’m sure could tolerate) or do you guys have some good suggestions for a very healthy breakfast cereal? Also with breakfast a glass or two of water, and a piece of fruit.

2:30pm: Small protein shake and piece of fruit.

4:30pm: Lunch. A salad containing lettuce, cucumber, onion, and carrot topped with some olive oil and vinegar. A small piece of lean meat such as chicken or beef, in the case of beef a healthier cut. To drink, skim milk.

Work out about 7 or 8pm (depending on when poker gets done that day. As an MTT player, it’s hard to be exactly sure.)

Post work out dinner: I don’t want to necessarily have the exact same dinner every day. Some things I like to have is some steamed rice with a chicken or pork stir fry that contains peppers, carrots, onion, and zucchini. It has some teriyaki and soy sauce and tastes great. Are the sauces going to be a big problem? I also like to have some steamed rice with a lean meat in a bulgogki sauce. Also, I’ll sometimes stir fry some prawns with a light sauce and put them on rice.

11:30pm: Small protein shake and fruit again.

1am: Sleep.

How’s that look overall? Anything you would add/take out for certain? Any glaring omissions/mistakes?

For work out routine my largest question is whether I should do my normal muscle concentrated routines (Monday: Back, Tuesday: Legs, Wednesday: Biceps/shoulders, Thursday: Pecs, Triceps) or switch over to a 3-4 times a week full body work out?

My plan thus far is: Monady/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday weight training. Thursday/Saturday/Sunday HIIT work out.

For HIIT I’m thinking of doing about 10-20 minutes on the punching bags in my gym. Should I also consider adding some traditional cardio or should the HIIT be satisfactory?

I also like to play tennis a couple times a week on top of this. On those days if I have a HIIT or weight training scheduled should I consider taking off?

Thanks a lot for all your input guys.