View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Just giving up in 3b pot when cb is called

[ QUOTE ]
think about the range that a 17/13 is cold calling a 3 bet pre flop with. I'd say 1010+, maybe AK. Now look at the board. What hands in villian's range is he check folding on this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

AK and sometimes JJ. I'd guess that thats about 1/3 of his range. [12 AK combos 6 Jacks 3 Queens 6 Kings 3 Aces - lets discount a few AK's cos he's more likely to 4bet AK as preflop he still has good equity]

Also we 3bet HIM IP - that flop hits our range hard (or it should do)

It depends on our 3betting frequency I suppose - but I don't see why we shouldn't CB this flop with OC's and a bdnfd and rep an OP - planning to push any [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/Ace turn and pile the pressure onto villain.

If we are 3betting enough hands IP that we can't rep an OP here with a CB or we gots a read that villain tends to float in 3bet pots then I think c/f is way better cos we turned our hand into a semi bluff preflop and whiffed.

Id also just give up without the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on this flop. I think the added equity from the nf redraw and a bunch of FE on the scary 3flush turn makes this a profitable spot to CB - if I'm wrong here please can you elaborate.