View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Re: A Subject that hasnt been discussed.

[ QUOTE ]
duck, I don't get it. I know that one should not be results oriented - but if in fact we do consider the results, H@ll WOULD have won the pot with my suggested line of check-raising. Obviously, Bld does not call all-in after being check-raised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Samo, you say this like it would be a good thing for Hall. If you accept MDMA's answer, which I do, then of course, you want Bld to get all-in, whether he wins the pot or not. I know you understand this, so I don't get what you're saying.

Then, there's this:
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think you should be leading into a preflop reraiser with ~normal sized stacks if you don't think your hand is best. so it would usually be to induce a raise, probably because the line is so strange and not taken often.

[/ QUOTE ]
KRANTZ, do you really believe that you shouldn't be leading here as a rule if you don't think you have the best hand? That strikes me as bizarre. The point is that you establish that you will donk with a wide range of hands, so you afford yourself another spot to outguess your opponent in the match. Especially with 100BB stacks, you enable yourself to win pots with the worst hand (or a hand that prefers to take it down immediately), in spots where a check-raise would leave you both committed.