View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Play A Hand With Me: 215r

[ QUOTE ]
I see 2 ways of looking at this...

1) even if we go all the way with this hand we are still avg stack for tourney.

2) I am the chip leader do I really need to get too involved here.

I tend to look at things from the first perspective, that being said I really like a check/raise here...it looks very strong (at least to me) could easily rep a set....and now he has to think if he wants to get involved with one of the few stacks that can take him out. Worst case he reraise all in and we may still be able to fold or call (have not done math, but I assume call)...I will wait for the next card but if he smoothes us I would check turn unless we hit the straight or possible if another heart hit...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh wouldn't you be leading a set here?

Also I generally prefer 3-betting PF from the blinds because we're playing OOP and definitely are deep enough for it. If I'm in position I will be more inclined to call just because the hand is easier to play and I'd rather just take it PF when I'm OOP. Also it makes it a lot easier to take the pot post flop because you 3-bet it.

That said, since you called PF, your only options are bet/3-bet and check/call because a check/raise just puts you in a weird spot I think and what are you really check/raising?