View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: This can\'t be right? 30/60 2-7 *move to other poker please*

[ QUOTE ]
TT, Jackel made the 98 on the first draw, so there's only 2 draws left. I'd keep the 9 too. On top of being an equity favorite, the villain might fold some crappy 8 draw if Jackal pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought about this some more and whilst its not something id do hardly ever (and said was debatable at that moment in the vid) i still dont really mind it against a maniac in a video aimed at giving beginners straightforward decisions. Of couse 98 is an equity favourite here but i tend to think its a money loser since the guy is so crazy you have to call down with 98 if he crs the turn (which will happen a lot) or leads the river, but cant extract much value yourself. On the otherhand, drawing makes your future decisions much easier and with position i dont think you lose out on much equity overall as you can extact when you improve. FWIW i dont think he folds a draw ever if you pat, this is a guy who capped T8 after the first draw and stayed to the grim death...

No idea if that makes sense or not as i have flu and cant see straight, but i still think its closer to being non-standard that plain wrong... try playing two tables of TD and making split second decisions whilst explaining every one and see how you do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]