View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: QJs - 3 barrels OOP vs a 2p2er -- -- -- TWICE LOL!

anyway this thread kinda failed but i was trying to demonstrate a commonm misconception that is repeated over and over in SSNL:

poeple love to say "bet your monsters exactly the same way you would bet your bluffs" but in reality thats not always neccessary and definitely not always the most profitable way to play hands. if villain will fold a majority of his range to a certain line or certain sized bet, then there is always a line/betsize that can ezxtract more value vs that range UNLESS we have perfect bluff:valuebet frequencies.

anyway in the actual hand i was planning to 3 barrel this guy from the beginning if he just called the flop, becasue i knew his calling range was mostly TT-QQ, and weaker Kx.
the actual river was a Td, but in my FFPS induced delirium i saw it as a complete blank, fired hard again. and was ecstatic when villain tanked and folded. i only realized that i did indeed have the nuts when i reviewed the hand after my session in poker tracker. and yes, i felt really stupid