View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: HU 25/50 really weird spot deep

wtih 100bb in a 3bet pot, hu, I would have no problem at all felting top set on a monotone flop, against an aggressive thinking opponent. Against a very straight-forward opponent I'd have no problem taking a free card sometimes, and if I was check/called on the flop I'd take a free look on the turn quite often.

In a 3bet pot, folding top set to a c/r for 100bb hu would be a pure error against a good player (although how we, on the button, have the betting lead in a 3bet pot is kind of curious... complete-bet-raise pf?) since the c/r's range, at least, should occasionally include sets and naked nut blockers.

checking behind would be fine in this particular hypothetical, since it's what we'd probably often do with a decent range. Otherwise I think we're getting a bit off track, and I'm getting a bit confused as to what exactly the question is.

okay so i guess you were using "2bet pot" to mean "not 3bet pot", as opposed to "a pot that was bet and raised". Here as well I'd be fine felting top set against any opponent I thought could c/r bluff or c/r a set at least occasionally.