View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, I am stuck here. We really cant charge him without commiting ourself to call the push.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be so bad about that? Can you really see a set min-raising the flop, and then checking that turn? I could be wrong but I don't. I insta-call a push.

Kirk

PS: set = a hand that beats ours, not "set" per se.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree. I think this dynamic (the fact that villan is more likely to lead with a made hand into a draw heavy board)...BUT.......

The board is draw heavy for a lot of hands. Not necesarily draw heavy for hands that raise PF. If I am in the BB, I dont really think hero has a great draw. This board scares me in situations when there were 2+ people limping in, not HU in a raised pot. If I have a hand like a set of nines, I would be willing to give another free card if I thought hero would make a good 2nd best hand on river.

Im not saying that villan would play a made hand like this, but as we know people rarely play as we think they should. If villan pushes, I am only slightly discounting his range of made hands relative to great draws (and 2nd best made hands).

I am not planning to fold to a CR, but I am definitely not crazy about having to make it. If there was a line I thought could avoid calling a 2nd check-raise push, which still charged him to draw, I would take it.

With the current stacks, we have to decide. If we charge enough no punish his draws, we have to call the push. I think the fact that some of the pushed will be hands like AQh, etc. Make betting better than checking behind