View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 08:40 PM

Default Day 2 Hand vs. Pro at WPF

Back fromt he WPF which has to have one of the worst structures for a WPT event I've ever seen. Anyway, here is the hand:

Day 2, blinds at 1.5k/3k, 400 ante

I have 140kish in chips. My image is pretty rock like at this table. I have shown down basically nothing, but am up from like 111k when I got to the table from taking a pot off the BB in this hand when he was on the button. In fact, Pete Giordano (fine, not a huge name pro) has commented how tight I play.

I am UTG+1 with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raise to 9k. Folded to Giordano on the button (he has about 165k). Since he's come to the table he's been talking a lot and being fairly active, but showing most of his hands and they've been pretty strong. He reraised somebody with 27 from the SB when they opened on the button, but at the time, I didn't think he's a maniac or anything close to it. He thinks for a while and calls. BB (chips irrelevant) see's way too many flops and makes the call.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Pot: 32.5k

BB Checks, I check, Giordano perks up to attention and bets 20k. BB folds, I call

I really didn't like betting here.

Giordano yells pair the board and cause he's a pro:

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, Giordano bets 40k, I contemplate options, Giordano says, "If you fold, I'll show," I say, "ok, I'm all in"

I go all in for like 70kish more.

Thoughts on the hand? Do people bet the flop here? How about betting the turn vs. checkraising all in? Any other way people play this hand.

I usually think a lot more through hands than I did with this one, but in retrospect I think I like the way I played it, but I am pretty inexperienced in tournaments, so I'm not sure.