View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Anybody here got a vasectomy?

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe the criticism i am getting from you people. I should be praised rather than insulted. I should be praised for being responsible for my age. I don't want to end up like the countless joes that post in this forum "my girlfriend has bad news" while they add that they work an average job with an average wage and this development means a likely life of poverty.

I don't know what is wrong with wanting to avoid accidents like that. I am being responsible in the way that I acknowledge that I can't support a kid now, nor would I for 8 or so years.

There is more to this of course. I'm good looking and I'm a james bond type can't have just 1 gf, I ask girls out even when having a girlfriend. My luck is what worries me the most I know something as bad as this scenario would happen to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I praise you. I think it is a very mature decision. Don't put yourself in a situation you don't want to be in. I know 2 guys personally whose gfs stop taking birth control and did not tell them. They are fathers now, and one of the gfs ran off, so he is 100% caregiver.

I got one at age 32 when single and childless. I never regretted it. The piece of mind is worth a weekend of pain.

Look for studies at the local university if you don't have insurance or it won't cover the procedure. It got mine done at the University of Washington Urology Clinic for free. They even paid me $75 per week to jerk it so they could see how long before I shot blanks.

In the future, one hopes there are nearly 100% effective temporary birth control options for men. In the meantime I think men like you who are certain they want to avoid an unwanted pregnancy are doing the right thing by getting snipped.

Good luck.

KJS