View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Re: 16: I thought this was a fairly standard push

Reckless shove. TBH I might even spitecall you here with AQ if you're a regular for the reasons above and because you're not supposed to be running the show here.

"This is +EV all the way down to 66+,A8+,KQ for the shorties and TT+, AQ+ for the big stack, which I think is very loose for all of them."

No, it's not loose. On average they call much wider than that. Varies from table to table so it's nice to have a read but with no read on the table, no way in hell this is a shove. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Someone mentioned something about it being a shove from the button. No. With 10 effective BBs into two stacks on the bubble, I believe even ATo is a fold from button with average ranges. $16 is just one of those levels where idiots wake up with QJ and decide it's the nuts. Oh wait, maybe that's $6.5. No, J2o is the equivalent there.

What I'm saying anyway is that a problem many good winning players are having these days is shoving waaaay too wide from the button. Sure, KT looks like an autoshove sometimes. A2 should be worth going after that pot there or my 56s. No way. Be tight from CO&Button and shove any two from SB is the answer to loads of trouble.