View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: KQo SB: Flop and Turn

Bet/fold?

I think we have the best hand too often to just check/fold (even though folding is ok if the button bets) However, I don't wish to give a free card here.

Check/calling doesn't feel right against non-aggressive opponents.

If the action goes something like hero bet, BB call, button raise we are getting 8:1 to call (minus rake) and probably 9:1 if BB comes along and that's getting awfully close to the odds we need to draw. But I don't think that is quite enough odds to continue considering that one might have a big hand and who knows how live our KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is and I really don't want to put in multiple bets on the turn with second pair against passive types.

I might just have limped preflop. Against random donks it's an easy raise of course but I'm not sure how good it is against a tight player. Depends really on how tight he is. If he is only playing approximately 77+ and A9+ or something there then I'm definately limping but if his range is closer to what a good players steal range is and includes stuff like suited connectors and suited Qs then I like the raise a lot more.