View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Updated info

Game report: overall it went well. We played 6 handed. Most of the players are rather tight so there was still room to play on the river but a lot of hands didn't get there. We did get our share of all ins (I think I lost the first one thanks to flopping a flush when another player flopped a higher one. Ironically this may have also been the first family pot (unraised). I was in the bb with 7h,2h. Small blind, with A,5 hit two pair on the Ah, 6h, 5h, flop and lead out with $10, I know him well enough to know that he didn't hit the flush, so with the $30 cap I push all in, raising him $19.50 to $29.50 total. Next 2 fold but the 3rd guy thinks for awhile and calls. I'm hoping for a bare Kh, but he had Jh, 8h. I got him back later when the cap had gone up to $40... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

As for tracking the bets. A couple of us did cut out the cap from our stack. But as I was the dealer for the night when I would rake in the bets I would just cut out a seperate stack in the pot to keep track. For example: Preflop there's a raise of $2. As I rake in all the chips for the pot I would make a small stack of 2.50 (blinds we're .25/.50 so total bet was 2.50). If $3 was the flop bet when I pulled in those bets to the pot I would add $3 to the 2.50 stack. And so on. Worked well. There were a few times the less experienced players had to ask how much they had left that they could bet. They could say all in but what exactly did that mean? It depended on how much they started the hand with and how much had been bet so far.

Overall I think it generated some action. If you were lucky enough to win some pots your stack had some protection. It's a little work keeping track of the cap but I'd recommend playing this style ,especially if your group isn't used to risking a lot on a single hand (or you just want to keep from going broke when your AA gets cracked). I'll definitely do it again.

Pat