View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Great Security At The Taj (NOT!)

I had an opposite experience at the Borgata- While I was playing a big NL game, my girlfriend was playing 2/4 limit for fun. She was up over a rack of white chips and had them in a rack on the table. Someone complained that she didn't have a working stack and the floor came over and explained that the rack couldn't be on the table, or at least that's how she interpreted it. She put the full rack on the floor under her seat- obviously not a good idea.

Well, about 30 minutes later, a guy two seats down pulls a rack from under the table with two row missing. My girlfriend explains that it's hers but it was a full rack when she put it on the floor. The dealer tells her if she put it on the floor it's her fault and there's nothing they can do, which is absurd. The floor should have been called over immediately. So I come by about 5 minutes after this all happened and my girlfriend explains what happened and I call the floor over and explain the situation. At this time, the guy next to her gets up and walks away pretending he has a phone call (leaving "his" chips on the table), and two guys at the table realize he was down to the felt a while ago and now had almost 2 stacks without ever buying chips or winning a pot. The floorperson calls security, they look at the tapes, and give her the chips back from the guy's spot (He never came back). All in all it worked out and the Borgata staff did their job (except the dealer)even though it was only a few bucks.

Lee