View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Ask mmbt0ne about another poster. Round 2.

[ QUOTE ]
t0ne,

Speaking of TSC, why was there a backlash against him? Before my time, I think. I always enjoy reading his posts, he knows his stuff in Sports (although he likes soccer though, LOL), and seems like an all-around good cat. Overexposure backlash from back when he posted more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it does mostly just deal with overexposure. I believe it was nolanfan who asked in the first thread "If TSC started posting today would he make it to 10k posts?" I answered no then, and still believe that to be true given the climate of OOT at the time. Nowadays? Maybe he would make it to 10k, I mean, look at some of the other superposters floating around.

He's very opinionated, and I think that does rub some people the wrong way. He had some pretty awesome rap argument threads back then, and almost made some peoples heads explode when he said that Doggystyle might be the best overall rap album.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, was there ever a super sekrit forum on this site that posters here used to visit? Not the mod forum, I mean an invitation only type thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there was. I just tried to go back to it though, and the site no longer exists. Sad, really. It was a pretty awesome collection of people from both poker and OT forums, but never really caught traction. It took off for a little bit, but then everybody came back. I remember people planning an amazing fake NETeller freezing on multiple people's accounts back when the thought of that was all silly fantasy, but nothing ever became of it.

Other highlights were wacki's great scientific articles and Zeno's beautiful China pictures.

Ok, I seem to be hitting my stride with writing now, so instead of wasting it on you guys I'm going to go write some more grad school essays right now and answer any other questions late tonight or tomorrow. To keep you entertained, I will say that my first question involves me choosing to invite Chad Kroeger, Kevin Reynolds, Billy Beane and Steve Jobs to a dinner party.