View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Flop big draw OOP, no fold equity(?)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he checks behind the turn with these ace high hands, then awesome, i got to the river for less than i would have if he just called the flop c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that you bring this up, but good point nonetheless. I <3 that the "I'm going to unwittingly pwn myself w/ a free card 3bet" move is like the most overused play ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i remember talking with you about this back in the old party days. After that, I tried a few different defenses to the ol' UI-overcard-flop-3-bet and I think I decided that capping the flop and leading the turn is better. So I'd do that with all decent draws and top pair+. Sometimes stuff like 2nd pair A/K-kicker. People would see I could have a pair in that spot so they started giving up on the turn with their overcards. Waiting to c/r the turn to raise is too risky cuz they used to rarely bet unless they had top pair.

Nowadays, tbh, when ppl 3-bet me on the flop in Stars 10/15/30 games they almost always have a big draw or 2nd pair+. They still try it in FR games and live though.