View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: New to Vegas - Micro limit player

The only issues I have with playing 1/2NL is running bad with bad players. For instance, I am a strong enough player to crush a 1/2 game with very little effort. Really all you need to do is play 1-2-3 poker.

The problem is when your AK gets beat by A5, or when your Kings get run down by pocket 3's... I can put my money in where I am no less than a 75% favorite, and still end up bad for the night.

The problem is one guy sucking out on you can crush your bankroll, and I understand that concern. If I am going to play 1/2, I need to have 400-500 dollars, even if I am buying in for 100. You have to assume that someone is going to get out on you. It's the variance argument - If you are a good player, and keep playing "right" poker, you will end up winner in the end... Provided you have the bankroll to do that.

Honestly, if you want practice at low-limit NL Holdem, go online and play at a .5/.10 table, where you can't get hurt too bad. If you are showing a profit there, you can expect the same at a 1/2 table.

Remember, it's one long session!

Hope that helps!