View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Here\'s an interesting one for you guys...

[ QUOTE ]
I ended up folding, but I realised afterwards that he doesn't have to be shoving THAT wide a range for a call to be +EV. Given that its obvious that I misclicked, I think his range is a whole lot wider than you think. I just thought it was interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You barely know eachother, from what I understand, is the missclick really that obvious?

I just assume it is, there is one thing, I really don't understand and which would make this - without any math involved - a clear fold for me:

If he knows you missclicked, he also knows you were going to raise anyways, because if you just wanted to call, a missclick is way more likely to produce a raise to $2. So you folded every hand up to this point and now you raise in MP. Ignoring the amount for a second, if he puts you on a missclick, I think he also has to put you on an above average hand. At this point he has precisely two options: fold and wait for a better opportunity or push and put pressure on you and the rest of the table. At least I think calling isn't an option here for him, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think every half decent player should avoid a call here, it's on quarter of the stack in and probably zero FE against everyone who comes along. Now I'm taking a shot in the dark and postulate the following:

If someone is dominant/aggressive/"cool" enough to 3bet-push a range containing the likes of 22 and AJo against a missclicked but apparently decent hand, I'd personally expect him to 3bet this range in position against a standard raise as well.

If the 14/10/2 over 56 hands is any indication of his play, I just don't think he's the type of player to do this.