View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Stud hi - flushdraw 3-way, becomes tricky

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing in a game with solid players who read hands well, with a raise on 4th you may as well turn your cards face up on the table. You *might* get more deceptive value out of weaker hands by 'walking the dog' in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]1) I think it's pretty clear that he does not.

2) I'm not sure it matters all that much even if the other players actually do get convinced he's got a flush draw.

The pot is going to be so huge by the time he hits that even if he hits and the other guys strongly suspect a flush, they're going to call down anyway.

If they frequently fold to a third flush card, obviously he should be doing this with 100% of the hands he called with, since the other guys are going to be folding far too often.

If anything your point is a recommendation for raising with more hands in this spot, not for calling with the flushdraw.

Also, I'd like to know what range you put him on if he just calls. To me it seems his range is incredibly draw-heavy, no matter what he does after the first call on 4th.

If we're going to look at hand balancing and such he should be raising to begin with rather than calling and calling again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he shouldn't raise in this particular case. I'm saying that, under the right circumstances with the right mix of players, he would give away his hand if he raised 4th. Then he doesn't get paid off when his makes his flush.