View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Players having pieces of others in cash games

What you should be asking yourself is why this character is staking other players in the cash game. I've seen (and been) shills put in a game to keep it going. It's legit for the house to do this. However, this guy is playing with the players he's staking. He could be doing it to get the advantage of the soft play he'll face with his staked players. I guarentee you they'll play the sugardaddy softer. They'll tend to check it down when the third party has folded because there is no or less monitary reward for betting. This is going on isn't it!

There are many forms of collusion, some are unspoken yet still unethical.

I think your in a situation that if it isn't frought with cheating or playing in some unnatural way, it's a miracle like the virgin birth.

I've been in situations like this before myself. For instance a couple sits down in a game. Or two best friends sit down. I don't like it. If they are not a collusion team (most of them are not) then they will usually have a weakness of never wanting to bluff when the other is in a pot. I look for this and if I identify that this is infact the case, I'll take all their bets very seriouisly when their buddy/spouse is in the pot. Bluffing too much is a leak obvously but few consider that never bluffing is also a leak.

It does not take much for me to get up and leave a game like this. I want to play in natural games where I have the exact number of opponents as every other player. Think about it.

Dave