View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: ATo in BB - simple flop question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think he said the button is likely to bet because the button is likely to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you base that on what exactly? Ever played with passive people before? It's possible it gets checked through and that's a sin to me.

Are you really advocating that betting is not the clear (and only) choice on this flop vs. a table of unknowns? Come on ...

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in my first post, I would bet out, for all the reasons you and others have said.

However, in many of the games I play in I can almost guarantee that the button will bet (position betting, for no other reason). But this is because I don't usually play with a table of passive players. I don't think OP said it was a table of unknowns.

But almost always I would bet out because I don't want to take the risk that this will be checked around. Nevertheless, I find the general message, "for any thinking player this is an autobet", to be wrong. I don't agree that there is only one way to play this hand.

I think the goal is to protect this hand and get as many bets in as possible, particularly against players who are dominated or drawing dead.