View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Am i too sexy for my shirt?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh given you got raised on the turn this isn't a sexy. In fact this seems suboptimal to 3 betting the turn because lots of people FSDR all the damn time.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

DD, what about the Spicy F argument that c/r this river better controls the # of bets that go in?

EDIT: It's highly probable I never fully understood Spicy's theory with that line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Decent argument. I feel the differences is the SpicyF hand was HU against a good LAG that would certainly value bet the river thin or keep firing a missed semibluff. The guy in the OP here just sounds random, I could easily see him as the type to like FSDR with second pair, or an ace, or have a total bluff and then when he gets called on the turn just check and muck his hand on the river. Yeah he could definitely fire the 3rd barrel too but its not too likely he has a hand that can call the CR that we beat. What I mean is a guy like this probably has a range that's more likely silly trash and random 2 pairs, straights, etc. than a worse ace or some other one pair that can bet the river and pay off a raise.

I wouldn't even really mind this hand if fivesense just check/called the river, its just when he CRs there I can't help but think that bet would be much better served on the turn where he can charge the draws, and maybe hopeless hands that call a 3 bet anyway (weird bluffs that have a gutshot for instance).

-DeathDonkey